Welcome:The Cosumnes River Preserve encompasses and protects thousands of acres of wetlands and adjacent uplands. These lands, once considered insect ridden, unattractive, and even dangerous, today are recognized as beautiful places with important roles in local and global ecology.
- The Cosumnes river is only 80 miles long
- More than 250 bird species, 40 fish species and 230 plant species live within the preserve
How to Get There:
- Head south on Interstate 5
- Take the Twin Cities road exit
- Turn left on Twin Cities road
- Turn right on Franklin Blvd
- Continue on the the Visitor Center located at 13501 Franklin Blvd.
- Bird-watching year-round
- Canoeing on sloughs in the area
- Limited hunting and fishing
Visit the Cosumnes River Preserve's website for additional information at
Looking to volunteer at the Preserve? Check out the
2015 Habitat Restoration Days at the Cosumnes Preserve and find the perfect volunteer activity!